Does anxiety, worry and stress control your life?
Are you or is someone you love experiencing any of the following:
- Unwanted obsessive thoughts or compulsive behaviors?
- Panic attacks?
- Fear of situations where you feel trapped?
- Fear of social situations, public speaking or performance anxiety?
- A phobia such as fear of flying, or fear of animals or needles?
- Too much wory causing you to feel tense, irritable and on edge?
- Trouble going to sleep at night or difficulty sleeping through the night?
- Feeling of low self-esteem?
Take control back and invest in a calmer future with treatment that works.
Karin Schroeder-Nothaft, M.S., NCC, LCPC, LMHC is a licensed clinical professional counselor and a licensed mental health counselor who specializes in helping children, adolescents and adults to overcome anxiety, worries, and related challenges and struggles. Her practice, the Surmount Center for Cognitive Behavioral Health, is dedicated to encourage clients to access their strength to create a brighter tomorrow.
You will learn new skills and strategies to manage these problems once and for all. You will learn to:
- systematically face your fear
- modify anxious or negative thinking patterns
- tolerate uncertainty and discomfort
- engage in healthy and non-avoidant behavior
To provide an excellent level of care we offer office, home and community based appointments. In addition to normal business hours we offer evening and weekend hours as well as distance counseling on a case by case basis.
New in Lexington: SKILLS GROUPS
I offer weekly group meetings in collaboration with Dr Laura Ferrer Phd for children, adolescents and adults. We target issues of excessive worry, anxiety & stress.The groups focus on anxiety managment skills using CBT, Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) and Mindfulness skills as well as the supportive interaction of group members.
To learn more about the services offered at the Surmount Center or to schedule an appointment call (617-504-5598), email ([email protected]) or message us directly submitting the form below.